- Am I eligible for unemployment compensation?
- What are the steps in determining whether I am eligible for unemployment benefits?
- What are the reasons that I can be disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits?
- How do I appeal a determination that I am ineligible for unemployment benefits?
- How do I appeal a determination from the UI Appeal Board?
How do I appeal a determination from the UI Appeal Board?
A decision of the UI Appeal Board must be appealed to the Superior Court within 10 calendar days of its mailing, or it becomes final. The Court will not consider any evidence which was not presented at the lower appeal levels. The Department of Labor will submit a record to the court which will include copies of all documents submitted in the case and a written transcript of the witnesses testimony.
The court will then, generally, schedule written and/or oral arguments, and after the arguments are presented a judge will issue a written decision. The decision of the Superior Court Judge can then be appealed to the Delaware Supreme Court, however this is not common.